Bootstrapping Outlook Signatures with PowerShell and Active Directory
July 27, 2017
Our Exchange/Office365 customers have many different environments. In this article we will give an example of a way to push out the SenderGen email signature to Outlook Clients. Please adapt to your needs. Or contact us if you have a question.
These steps cover a method for Outlook native client signatures. It is a one-time setup performed by IT.
- Powershell (Windows 7 built-in, or XP SP3 with PS 2.0 free addin from Microsoft Download Center)
- Active Directory
- Windows Server 2008 R2+
High level steps
Create your signature template in Word
- Call it CompanyName.docx (replace CompanyName with your company name. No spaces)
- This will be your simple text template that SenderGen can provide for your environment.
- Enter in standard Active Directory merge fields like DisplayName, Title, Email, TelephoneNumber or others.
Save the Word file to you share location
Download and modify PowerShell script
- Here it is SetOutlookSignature.txt (save it as .ps1 file):
- Change the variables in the heading section
- If you need to add different fields than DisplayName, Title etc, you will need to update the script with those as well.
Push it out via Group Policy
- Assign our script
- Configuration -> Policies -> Windows Settings -> Scripts ->Logon
- Select second tab, "Powershell"
- Click "Browse" and copy your script to this location
- This will be folder within SysVol../GUID../Scripts/Login
- This folder is important because it will allow the script to run since it's unsigned
Source and Credits: http://www.edugeek.net/blogs/thescarfedone/1016-centrally-managing-signatures-outlook-owa-free-way.html
Was this helpful? Share the love.
A blog for every brand builder, delivered to your inbox.
Get the latest on everything brand, email compliance, and growth marketing, plus explore new ways to elevate employee email.
Risky Business: The High Cost of Non-Compliance in Today's Regulatory Landscape
In today's business climate, compliance management is crucial for high-risk industries. The cost of non-compliance can be significant, leading to costly fines, damaged reputations, and legal action. This blog explores the cost of managing compliance relative to the risk of non-compliance, the ROI of investing in risk management solutions, and email-based solutions that allow better control over data collection, content, email gating, and more to prevent non-compliance with current and future privacy regulations.
May 8, 2023
Email Is Global, Unregulated and Invasive—But That's About to Change
Navigate the ever-changing regulatory landscape of email compliance. Discover the challenges businesses face, the risks of non-compliance, and the email-based solutions that allow for better control over data collection, content, email gating, and more. Stay ahead of the curve and ensure that your email marketing and sales outreach efforts are both effective and compliant with regulations.
April 25, 2023
Brand Building Goes (Way) Beyond Marketing: Make EVERY Employee A Brand Builder
Marketing teams are often at capacity, but every employee in your organization can be a brand builder. By leveraging employee email communications, you can reach your ideal audience and nurture existing relationships, while improving your bottom line. Discover how to strengthen relationships, empower non-marketing employees, and amplify your reach with employee email signatures.
April 17, 2023